|To maintain & promote the legitimacy of the paranormal field and of the dedicated professionals who devote their time, energy, and resources, we have developed a sheet of protocols that must be followed by all members of Sandhills Paranormal Investigations of NC. This list will be updated to address any new issues as they occur.
What We to Do:
- Open each investigation with prayer.
- Professional at all times – this means being thorough, consistent, and reliable.
- Take the time to become familiar with and understand your equipment BEFORE investigating.
- Thoroughly check your equipment for functionality before an investigation.
- Check camera lenses for smudges, prints, scratches.
- Keep long hair pulled back.
- Keep extra batteries, media storage, film etc. for all your equipment.
- Let someone off-site know where you are going and when you should return.
- Take excellent notes, and keep well-organized files.
- Maintain confidentiality to whatever extent requested.
- Keep team numbers to the minimum required for the job at hand.
- Stay aware of our environment – fog, rain, hanging camera straps, etc. can all damage your evidence.
- Organize, everyone should know their role in the investigation.
- Get signed agreements granting access.
- Take responsibility for your presence in a location.
- Do an initial walkthrough of the area, get baseline readings.
- Be punctual.
- Be well-rested and alert.
- Carry proper identification and cell phone.
- Get written parental consent if minors are involved in your group.
- Stay current and update on your information and technology.
- Establish empathy with your clients as they may be going through a very stressful time.
- Know when you are out of your league and need assistance.
What We Do NOT Do:
- Charge fees of your clients, donations can be accepted but are not required.
- Go alone.
- Lie about, hedge, exaggerate, manipulate or omit information.
- Take along preconceptions or expectations outcomes of an investigation.
- While “feelings” have there place in research, do not cover an entire investigation in an umbrella of “feelings”.
- Engage in the use/practice of Ouija boards, séances, psychics, and simlar methods.
- Conduct/attend an investigation while impaired by alcohol or drugs (0 tolerance!)
- Smoke while investigating.
- Re-use cassettes or use the second side of cassettes.
- Bring personal issues/baggage to cases/investigations.